the path of life...

One thing I absolutely love to do is hike. A few years ago I had the amazing opportunity to hike rim to rim with my mom in the Grand Canyon. It is a 24 mile hike, that we do in a day. We started training about 8 month before we left and to get ready we did many different hikes. Long, short, steep, flat hikes, cold and hot weather hikes, breaking in multiple pairs of shoes, and most of all amazing time spent with my mom. This is a journey that I would not have traded for anything. With out all these different types of training I never would have been able to finish.

We never know exactly what path we are going to end up on in life, but that is why we train so that no matter what is in front of us we can walk down it. Many times most things come at us when we least expect it. I have walked down many paths in my life, had the honor of working with women and children of domestic violence, supporting a VP at the corporate office for PetSmart, and supporting the Family Life Pastor (and Senior Pastor for a period of time) at Radiant Church. Another path I recently walked down was Nursing School, and while I never thought I climb to the top of this I finally did, my boards ended and decisions had to be made. One of the paths I been hiking down a long time, has been one of the most amazing experiences in my life, Radiant Church has not only been a blessing to myself, but to my family. I have learned so much, grown and been challenged in more ways than one. If I could have the best of both worlds I would have kept walking down this path for quite sometime. Last week another path was put before me and I knew change was coming. I have been given an amazing opportunity to work as a Nurse for hospice. This actually could not fit my personality any better. It is such a bittersweet moment. While one path has ended another one has started. All the paths I have taken could not have been orchestrated any better to prepare me for me for this next "hike". There is a lot of training to be done, many new challenges and I may not always know what is around the corner, but I am confident in the fact that I have had the best training from some awesome people. So here I stand, my shoes laced and tied, ready to take the next step, ready to walk down another path. I am scared, nervous, scared, and excited! Well here goes nothing...

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you Aymee. You will be an excellent Hospice Nurse and a comfort to many. Mom

Anonymous said...

God has amazing things planned for you. What an amazing woman you are.
Aunt Kristi

Ginger said...

Beautiful. So excited for your next journey!

Post a Comment